Page under construction
If you are young, you just got screwed
For the Last 10 to 20 years Climate Change action was significantly delayed.
So now you get to:
* Build a lot of the new Renewable Energy infrastructure at a higher cost due to Peak Oil and
a higher Crude Oil price.
* Cope with more refugees. One hundred million people live within 1 metre above sea level.
At the rate of inaction, there will be a 1 metre sea level rise by next century.
Two hundred and fifty million within 9 metres above sea level.
Bigger storm surges will affect a lot of these people.
* A higher cost of construction as it has to be done faster. The Carbon Budget dictates we need to stop virtually all Greenhouse gas emissions before 2050, maybe about 2040 - 2045.
* Sometime this century you will have to pay for CO2 sequestering as its almost guaranteed we will over shoot the maximum amount of gases we can dump into the atmosphere.
* Higher insurance costs. (See below).
Below shows out of the 98 Oil producing countries, 64 of them have reached "Peak Oil".
This is the point where approx half the oil has been removed and the production output starts to decline.
In each of these cases, the companies involved ran a public campaign of denial.Some (all?) used the delaying tactics to position themselves in the market to make more money.
The corporate PR strategy of deny, delay, dominate, dump
culpable negligence - (law) recklessly acting without reasonable caution and putting another person at risk of injury or death (or failing to do something with the same consequences)
1. the state or quality of being negligent
2. a negligent act
3. (Law) law a civil wrong whereby a person or party is in breach of a legal duty of care to another which results in loss or injury to the claimant.
Issuing untrue statements in order to fraudulently obtain money or property. For example: claiming that zircons are diamonds, or turning back a car's odometer. It is considered a form of theft.